Wednesday 18 March 2009

Advice please!

I just bought this dress. It’s by Jessica’s Attic at Republic. I’m quite pleased with myself as it was on sale for a ridiculous amount.


Pretty eh?

The colour doesn’t come through very well – it’s definitely a candy pink rather than a coral-y shade of pink. The straps are beaded with clear/silvery beads. I am trying to find a picture of the back of the dress, as the way the straps join to the back is really cool, but there’s no pic to be found. I’ll get Dave to take a picture at the wedding (because you’re that interested huh?)

It is perhaps not the perfect dress I was in the market for, but at the price I paid I’m not complaining {too much}. Of course, today I was in Debenhams in the Red Herring concession and saw this dress, which I now desperately want. Such is life…


So, onto the next question: what colour accessories should I match with the dress? I’m thinking shoes, a purse, and maybe a wee hair thingy. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo pretty! I like it a lot.
Personally I'd go for pale silver or gold shoes and quite simple accesories, for the romantic soft look. Can't wait to see pic of you in it!

Melina said...

It's gorgeous! I think that colour would really suit you. I agree with Katie, those colours would look beautiful. Or you could go a really pale pink or ivory?

Anonymous said...

I'm jumping on this band wagon - super cute and I can totally imagine you in it! Who's wedding is it that you get to go to? Oh for it to be dress weather in May here!!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

LOVE THE DRESS!!!

Id go for silver (cause i like silver jewellery better than gold)

Som nice silver shoes a silver clutch, some stunning statement earrings (id go for pink, purple and silver earrings) and maybe a ring.

Melina said...

Oooh statement earrings - definitely! Because you won't need a necklace and if you have your hair up to show off the straps that'll look great!

Julia said...

thanks guys - yeah, I was leaning towards silver or maybe a pale grey.
Thanks!
do you want to know how much it was? £5!!!! oh yeah.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for following my blog and for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I would day maybe skip the necklace and do some dangly earrings with a bracelet - silver would look good but if you wanted a colour pop maybe a hit of aqua or yellow?!

And - it is SOOO CUTE!

Unknown said...

Oooo, I'm totally on the statement earring band wagon too...