Wednesday 28 January 2009

Two bits of good news!! (but sketchy on the details)

I have a job again!! I can't divulge too much here, but it's an awesome position and could be great experience for me in the long run - and, an added bonus, it's only a 20 minute walk from home, and 2 mins walk from the dance studio! (no, I've not been approached by Michael Jackson's people to join his upcoming tour as a dancer. Not yet, anyway). I start next Thursday and am required to wear a suit. So I have to go suit shopping! yipee!


Secondly - something that's been in the pipeline for a while now - sitting next to me in an unassuming drycleaner's box is MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!!!!! again, light on details for dramatic-build-up's sake, but for now I can confirm that it is utterly perfect and I am most pleased. Yes, I know that it is still 91 and a half weeks till the wedding (I just worked it out on my cell phone, I honestly do not have a weekly countdown. I don't I tell you!), and I know that I am a little bit crazy for having my dress sorted already, but believe me, the opportunity was not to be missed. And also, now the wedding dress shopping is over with. ahhhhh.

6 comments:

Melina said...

Nice picture Ju, but thought you would've gone for a bigger bouquet?

Julia said...

I thought it would be best if I kept things subtle.

L Hewitt said...

Eeks, you got your dress 91 weeks beforehand? Be careful! I did that and I had to alter my dress.

Julia said...

I know! I feel a bit nuts, but the design means there's lots of wiggle room (both to gain and lose weight), and if something goes wrong and it ends up not fitting, I'm happy to pay to get it altered, or if all else fails, sell it. But I hope I don't have to! I've tried it on and now am going to send it home and ignore it until there's less than a year to go. Then I will be more like a normal person ;)

Modelmental said...

I hope your dress isn't as dowdy as miss stripper's? Puhlease! And I'm glad to hear you're sending the dress home as I gather you're already vacuuming in a veil and who knows what with the dance studio and the wedding dress...

Anonymous said...

I think the Maids should wear that number too... without the veil of course! Then you should walk down the aisle to 'Let's talk about sex'.