Friday 26 September 2008

Papermaking!

When we first got engaged I started getting excited about all the awesome craft projects I was going to complete (insert visions of piles of invitations looking just so, tables of homemade placecards, and centrepieces looking like they've just walked out of the pages of Martha Stewart magazine). I am now a little daunted, as I most certainly did not inherit my Gran's artistic talents, but am taking heart from the DIY projects by other bloggers, and in particular those completed by Tara of In This Instance (seriously - check this blog out, its stunning). So, with a hearty two years to go, I've started making my own paper. And now the lounge is full of buckets of paper pulp, towels, and drying sheets of paper.
The first few attempts were distinctly average (it took me a while to figure out that I'm actually not too good for instructions) but I'm getting there and am proud to say I have 5 perfectly thin and smooth pieces of recycled paper!

Not sure where to from here... if I can find a way to print or stamp effectively on the paper I'd love to make the invites from scratch, but in any case the paper will do for placecards and backing sheets for orders of service.

I'm using the Kundalini Kit, which I picked up from crafting utopia Fred Aldous

No comments: