Monday 17 November 2008

Betwixt and Between

After a few days in sunny sunny Ashburton (eating far too much lovely farm food cooked by Gran), I'm now back in Blenheim for one night, and one night only, before heading down to our bach in the Marlborough Sounds until Friday.
I could get used to this gallivanting around.
Ashburton was fab - I LOVE the farm, it's one of my favourite places, and it was so nice to spend time with my grandparents when I didn't expect to see them for another year or more. I also got to talk weddings a bit. sigh. Now off to another one of my favourite places ever - all this relaxing is making my visa worries disappear (nearly).
Best best wishes to wonderful Helena who is now off on her big OE - currently in Bangkok, I believe.
Just a thought - would it not be prudent of the Canterbury District Health Board to not spend $7,000 on a farewell party when hospitals in the area are understaffed and patients are on waiting lists? Could Gordon Davies have perhaps spent some of his $450,000 pay packet on a party for himself? Some cheese and pineapple toothpicks? a plate of sausage rolls? a tray of fairy bread?
** an adendum to this post - perhaps, instead of spending X amount on a wedding, we could donate said sum to the people of Canterbury to try and increase staff numbers and reduce waiting lists. Just touche'd myself really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could come with you to the bach!! oh the memories. We could listen to Alanis Morrisette and play cards and talk about boys and eat lollies and go on adventures and jump off the wharf. sigh. guess we'll never be 12 again!